EGO Power+ 480 CFM Review
- Easy to use
- Can handle mid-sized yards
- Three-speed mode
- Battery lasts for 10 minutes on the highest speed mode
- Expensive batteries
- Poor air velocity
- MODEL: Cordless
- WEIGHT: 13.6 pounds
- DIMENSIONS: 36 x 8 x 10 inches
- BATTERY POWERED
- THREE-SPEED MODES:
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Blows at 250 CFM
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Blows at 385 CFM
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: Blows at 480 CFM
Finding a quality cordless leaf blower is a pretty daunting task because there are many models on the market that are simply not worth the money. However, many people oversee the fact that the price doesn’t necessarily determine the quality of the product, and that’s why consumers usually overpay a unit.
To help you avoid a scenario like this, we have reviewed one of the best cordless blowers on the market. Take a moment and read the article, you’ll get a much better insight into the capabilities and abilities of this particular model. If you like what you see, don’t hesitate to make a purchase, you won’t regret it.
EGO Power+ 480 CFM – The Basics
This particular model is great for people who are looking for a decent cordless unit. It’s not an impressive device by any means, but it does the job well. In fact, it’s one of the best cordless units on the market at the moment. Its powerful motor offers three different speed modes which come in handy if you have any fragile flowers or plants growing underneath the layer of leaves. You can regulate the speed and avoid jeopardizing the integrity of the flora below the thick layer of leaves.
The nozzle has a large diameter which maximizes the air flow and utilizes the potential motor power. The manufacturer also said that they have tried to minimize the vibration output. The lack of vibration reduces fatigue and prolongs battery life. One of the neat things about this particular unit is the position of the air intake. It’s located on the bottom of the machine so that you don’t have to worry about your clothes blocking the air intake and making the unit overheat.
What Did We Like?
- The air intake valve is excellent. The fact that it’s located in the lower part of the case makes it very efficient and useful.
- Three different speed modes are also a great advantage. It lets you control the air velocity which is especially useful if you want to preserve the fragile flora underneath the layer of debris, leaves, and dust.
- In the sea of various cordless blowers, this particular one stands out as one of the best. The company offers a 5-year warranty which is more than enough proof of quality.
What We Didn’t Like?
The list of stuff we didn’t like about this product isn’t long, but it’s worth mentioning so that you know what to expect if you ever opt for this model.
- First of all, battery life is simply bad. While it’s no expected to last for several hours, it could at least last for an hour or two. The manufacturer said that the unit could operate up to an hour, but they forgot to mention it’s only while the High-efficiency mode is active. Once you change the mode to a more powerful one, the battery life drastically drops.
- The weight is another downside as far as we’re concerned. If you’re not used to using a somewhat heavy piece of equipment, you’ll have a bad time with this model.
The EGO Power+ is a good model for people who like to clean up their yard occasionally. It won’t do miracles, but it performs exactly as advertised. If you remember to recharge the battery after every use, and you invest a minimal amount of maintenance, the blower should last for at least a couple of years.
Its ergonomic design has a positive effect on your body and hands, but the weight annuls this advantage. The most important upside of this unit is its affordable price.