Hitachi RB24EAP Review
- Excellent air flow
- Easy to use and start
- 7-year warranty
- Some people find it heavy
- MODEL: Gas-powered (23.9 cc engine)
- WEIGHT: 9 pounds
- DIMENSIONS: 15 x 10.5 x 17.3 inches
- WARRANTY: 7 years
- AIR VOLUME: 441 CFM
Gas-powered leaf blowers are great for vast yards and big areas. The market if full of different models and only a few of them are worth checking out. Most models have some issues whether it’s with the fuel mixture, weight, or something else. However, we are here to help you find the best suiting leaf blower for yourself without any hassle whatsoever.
If you’re planning to keep your yard in a prime condition and free of leaves, the Hitachi RB24EAP could be the solution. Take a look at our review, and you’ll get a better insight into the usefulness of this unit. Once you comprehend all aspects of its quality, it’s up to you to choose whether you want to make a purchase.
Hitachi RB24EAP – The Basics
When talking about gas-powered leaf blowers, Hitachi is among the top-quality manufacturers in this category. This particular model is built to perform quick and efficient cleanup tasks. It’s powered by a 23.9 cc motor which can deliver up to 440 CFM and air speeds of up to 170 miles per hour. It’s safe to say that you’ll be able to blow most debris, leaves, and branches off of your patio, yard, or front porch.
While many gas-powered units have a common issue of being hard to start, this one is completely hassle-free. It’s designed to start with very little force invested. You can also buy a set of additional accessories such as the perfect fuel mixture, a shoulder strap, and so on.
Ease of Use
What Did We Like?
- The first thing you’ll notice is the modern design. While many older models have pretty repulsive tanks, intakes, and other parts, this one is neatly designed.
- The durability is also one of the stronger points.
- The fact that the manufacturer offers a 7-year warranty with favorable conditions means it’s a quality product, to say the least.
- The high velocity and volume are great for big jobs such as the general yard cleanup in the middle of the season. It doesn’t matter if it is fall, summer, or spring – the Hitachi RB24EAP will perform great.
What We Didn’t Like?
- The unit is quite delicate when it comes to fuel mixtures. In simpler words, you have to follow the rules quite rigorously if you want it to perform at 100%. For example, if you’re using an ethanol mixture, the tubes that are responsible for fuel intake tend to deteriorate after a while.
- Despite the fact that the manufacturer labeled it as an easy-to-start machine, some people had troubles with it. However, in most cases, the problem is in the fuel mixture.
- The last thing we have noticed about it is the weight. Although it weighs around nine lbs., many people found it quite heavy. Whether it’s because of the slight vibrations, or the amount of power, the unit simply feels much heavier than 9 lbs.
Gas-powered units are always a safe bet. However, if you don’t have a large yard, you might want to consider buying an electric model. There are a few reasons why should you opt for electric units if you don’t have a big yard. The first one is the pollution. As you might know, the electric models don’t emit any carbon, while these do. The second reason is that the electric models are much easier to start and maintain in oppose to gas-powered ones.
On the other hand, if you have a large surface to process, a gas-powered leaf blower would be your safest bet. It has more power than any other type, and most units are very efficient. As far as the price goes, this particular model is quite affordable and accessible. Take a look at its performance, and you’ll get a better idea of its value.